Line-Items provide a method for you to offer your product or service in a table-like format. Once you have created your Line-Items, you can add them to an Estimate by first creating them in your Line-Item Library and +Importing one or more. See “Importing Line-Items”.
There are some basic components to a Line-Item within an Estimate such as:
- Title – This is the name of your Line-Item, i.e. “Labor“
- Cost – This is the price or dollar amount for your product or service, i.e. “$100.00“
- Quantity – This is the numeric quantity amount that can be adjusted by you (or the customer if Optional Quantities is enabled, i.e. “80“
- Unit – This is what you will measure your Line-Item with. You can use whichever unit of measure you wish to apply based on your service, i.e. “Per Hour“, /mo, /hr, /box, one-time, etc.
- Description – The description is optional, but allows you to add more detail about your product or service, i.e. “We will install the widgets of which are green and will last you 40 years.“
You can have as many Line-items in your Estimate as you need. The estimate will auto-calculate each Line-Item and provide a Grand Total.
Creating Your Line-Items:
Here are a the 5 Steps on creating Line Items:
- Click on the Library tab at the top:
- Click on the Line Items library on the left hand side:
- Click on the green +Line Item button to create your first Line-Item:
- Add a Title, Cost, Quantity, Unit and Description as seen in Example A
- Click Save Item
We encourage you to create all of your Line Items and organize them using folders. This can be done by clicking on the +Folder button.
Line-items require an Estimate of which can be dragged over with the builder:
Once you have dragged over the Estimate to your desired Section, you can now begin to import your Line-items from your Library. Click on the button to bring up the Library where you can choose your Line-items: